Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feta Omelet


So here it is, Sunday once again. I know I've said it before, but what better way to celebrate a day off than to prepare a fantabulous breakfast? Today's offering is another great omelet paired with some leftover sweet potatoes and mixed veg, transformed into a tasty hash. I did make a slight departure from my regular coffee or iced coffee, and instead made my version of a hot mocha using a few of my pantry staples.



Ingredients:

2 eggs (I used my Garden Vegetable Egg Beaters as usual)
sun dried tomatoes, diced
feta cheese, crumbled
sweet potatoes, diced (I had these leftover in the fridge so all I had to do was reheat them)
mixed veg (again, from the freezer, this mix included red peppers, corn, and broccoli)

*For the hot mocha: instant espresso, hot chocolate, water, splash of creamer if desired

Because the omelet would only take a few minutes to come together, I started with the sweet potatoes and a splash of olive oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Cook the potatoes until they start to crisp before adding in the rest of the veg to heat through. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, prepare the omelet and stuff it with the feta and tomatoes. Instead of my regulation coffee, I went with a package of sugar-free hot chocolate mixed with instant espresso and finished it with a splash of my favorite French vanilla creamer.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You must own your own restaurant or be a gourmet menu-maker!

    ReplyDelete