Friday, July 3, 2009

Breakfast, Snack, Or Dessert?


I like to keep several items in my fridge and pantry that can be pulled out at a moment’s notice and used in a multitude of ways. I’m especially intrigued by ingredients that have both savory and sweet applications, like ricotta cheese and plain yogurt. On any given day, you can usually find at least one of these in my fridge (if not both) and this morning, I decided to whip up one of my favorite treats using the ricotta cheese. There are so many variations on this particular recipe, so let me tell you about today’s version:


Ingredients:

½ cup of ricotta cheese (I use the part-skim kind)
1 tsp. honey (any kind of sweetener is good here… it’s really just to individual taste)
¼ tsp. salt (that’s right… you need that hint of saltiness to balance out the sweetness)
½ tsp. vanilla extract (a real vanilla bean would be even better if you’ve got it)
sliced peaches
blueberries


This couldn’t be any easier to prepare: Whip together the ricotta, honey, salt, and vanilla until well combined and creamy then top with the peaches and blueberries. See? Easier than pie and just as tasty.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment