Monday, July 20, 2009

Noodle Bowl


So I was cruising through my pantry at lunch time today, trying to decide what to fix, when I spotted a package of Ramen Noodles hiding on the shelf towards the back of the cupboard. When in the hell did I buy Ramen Noodles? They must have been left there by my old roommate, Chuck, when he moved out. (Crazy bastard was always teasing me about how I preferred to cook things from scratch, rarely using "convenience" foods.) Anyway, I thought, "What the hell?" and decided to give the noodles a chance. Of course, being me, I couldn't let it go at just a simple bowl of plain noodles... I had to put some of my flair into the dish.

Ingredients:

1 package of Ramen Noodles (these were chicken flavored)
chicken breast, cooked and diced
assorted green vegs (I had a frozen blend of green beans, broccoli, broccoli rabe, snap peas, and cauliflower)
red pepper flakes
basil (fresh or dried, dealers choice)

Prepare the noodles according to package instructions. Toss in the chicken and vegs during the last 2 minutes to heat through. Finish with the red pepper flakes and basil. See? Even the perennial poor college student's favorite meal can be punched up a little if you take a few extra minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment