Thursday, October 1, 2009

After Work/Midnight Snack


Since I've started working more nights (2-close) at FHVH, my sleeping and eating habits have changed. Now, on a typical day, I get up around 8am to take care of my furry kids and while the dog is outside, I'll eat a cup of yogurt or a piece of fruit so I can take my morning meds. We all go back to bed until 11:30am and then I'll finally fix something more substantial for breakfast like an omelet. My dinner break at work usually falls around 5:30pm or 6pm and I'll eat the lovely meal I packed (tonight it was a chicken/veggie dish, a piece of string cheese, and an apple). Well, by the time I get home for the night I'm still wide awake and hungry so I'll fix something light and easy. Tonight's offering is one of my all time favorites and one of the easiest dishes to put together: A bowl of cereal.



Ingredients:

Kashi Go-Lean Crunch (my preferred cereal choice)
frozen blueberries (I always have bags of fruit in the freezer and blueberries are my favorite!)
soy milk (good source of protein without the pesky lactose)

Ok, so everyone knows how to pour cereal into a bowl and add milk. It's not rocket science. But I like to start with my frozen blueberries, toss in some cereal (and really, the blueberries are the star of my snack, not the cereal), then add the soy milk. I love how the milk stays ice cold from the first bite to the last, all because of the frozen berries. Simple, I know, but it really doesn't get much better for me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment