Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Spicy Hot Chocolate


Now, we all know I regularly pay homage to the coffee gods, but sometimes even I crave the warm comfort of a big mug of hot chocolate instead of the heady, aromatic buzz of coffee. This afternoon is one of those times (stupid sore throat and stuffy head), so I thought I’d jazz up a plain packet of sugar-free hot chocolate into something with a little more oomph. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve also been known to go all out in my quest for the ultimate in hot chocolate goodness, making it from scratch on the stove top, but today just isn’t one of those days; I just wanted something hot and soothing to sip on before I go back to bed for a bit.


Ingredients:

12 oz. water
1 packet sugar-free hot chocolate
(come on, you had to know this was coming!)
1 tsp. instant espresso powder (I still like some buzz in my warm beverages, and any kind of coffee makes chocolate taste deeper… more chocolatey)
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of cayenne pepper
pinch of salt
splash of creamer
(any kind in the fridge will do)

Super easy instructions: Combine all the dry ingredients in your favorite mug. Pour recently boiled water into the mug. Stir until everything is dissolved into the water. Finish with a splash of your favorite coffee creamer or milk, and a sprinkle of cinnamon and cayenne on top.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Elle, that's a great idea! Hot chocolate with some Zip-caffeine. I am a caffiend!

    Thank You, Secretia!

    ReplyDelete