Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chicken & Rice


An extra long work week and lack of sufficient time in the kitchen led to too many delivered meals at work and subsequently, a tired stomach. (I blame the frequent fast food meals on my co-workers for talking me into ordering with them... oh glorious french fries! Well, there was also my desire to make sure that certain friends were actually eating instead of watching their wallets, but that wasn't the main reason I caved to the lure of fried food. But too much fried food and sugar just makes me feel sick, regardless of how good it tastes.) Anyway, by Saturday night, all I could think about was eating something easy on the stomach, like the bland diet we recommend at work for patients with GI upset; namely, chicken and rice. Knowing me, I couldn't just leave it at just plain chicken and rice, so here's last night's Greek-inspired version of chicken and rice...


Ingredients:

brown rice, cooked (I had this left over from when I made soup earlier in the week)
olive oil
chicken breast, cooked and diced (again, I can't overstate the convenience of pre-cooked chicken breast strips straight from the package!)
spinach (fresh or frozen works equally as well)
oregano
pepper
feta, crumbled

Simply enough, saute the chicken and spinach in the olive oil over medium heat until the spinach has wilted and the chicken heats through. Stir in the oregano and pepper before adding the brown rice to reheat. Stir in the feta and serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks very good and not so fattening. My ass is getting bigger every hour!

    ReplyDelete