Saturday, October 10, 2009

Simple Supper


Maybe this is better described as a super simple supper because it really doesn't get any easier than toast. For those nights when you're late getting home from work and feel so brain dead you fear setting the kitchen on fire if you turn on the stove, my suggestion for a quick fix, no-brainer meal is to stick with the basic toast smeared with your topping(s) of choice. Tonight, I went with some nice tangy goat cheese and paired it with an apple. Doesn't get any easier than that, and I didn't have to risk burning down the house.



Ingredients:

bread (I used my favorite whole grain kind with the nuts/seeds/oats etc baked in)
goat cheese (any kind of spreadable topping is acceptable)
apple, sliced (I think this was a Fuji apple, but any piece of fruit will do)

Toast the bread, hopefully without needing a fire extinguisher or the fire department. Smear on your topping of choice. If you fear using a knife, just eat your fruit whole.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment